- Born in 1948 in Germiston, South Africa
- Studied Industrial Design at Johannesburg School of Art in 1967
- Worked as book illustrator, political cartoonist, and sign writer before working full time as professional artist from 1970.
- He lived and worked in African wildlife areas for the rest of his life. Believing intrinsically that you must live and work close to your subject matter in order to paint and understand it more accurately.
- Joubert travelled continually throughout southern and eastern Africa is pursuit of remote and pristine wildlife areas.
- For many years he was based in northern Botswana with studios he visited in Selati Game Reserve, Namibia, Mozambique and Kenya.